Translate

Tuesday, August 18, 2026

Israel’s Far-Right Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir Demands Kill Quota in Gaza

Israel’s far-right National Security Minister Itamar Ben-Gvir used a podcast interview with freed hostage Rom Braslavski to demand a kill quota in Gaza. This is Ben-Gvir. Itamar Ben-Gvir: “It’s no secret I disagree with the prime minister. I think targeted assassinations should be carried out in Gaza, taking down 30 to 40 every night, not just those who pose an immediate threat. There are people there who are not worthy of life. They shouldn’t live. They’re not even people.” The comments drew condemnation even from staunch defenders of Israel, like Nevada’s Democratic Senator Jacky Rosen, who said, “Anyone advocating for acts of violence against innocent civilians should not be in an official government position. I believe Ben-Gvir must resign, and I urge Prime Minister Netanyahu to denounce these remarks and reaffirm to the world that this is not the government’s position.” www.democracynow.org

No comments:

Post a Comment