Translate

Monday, July 20, 2026

NYC Mayor Mamdani Seeks to Arrest Israel’s Netanyahu: “He’s a War Criminal”

New York City Mayor Zohran Mamdani says he’s still looking into arresting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu when he visits New York for the U.N. General Assembly in September. Mamdani spoke with The New York Times’s “The Interview” podcast. Mayor Zohran Mamdani: “I believe that Prime Minister Netanyahu belongs in The Hague. He’s a war criminal who has been charged by the International Criminal Court. And what you will find is that is an opinion that is held by many purely because of what his actions have wrought over these last many years. I’ve also said that I will follow the laws that we have here in New York City, because I believe that there is an importance in following the law as a leader who presides over our city. And that’s something that I plan to do.” Lulu Garcia-Navarro: “Meaning? I’m sorry, I don’t understand what that means.” Mayor Zohran Mamdani: “Meaning that whatever the law allows me to do in New York City, that’s what we will do, but we won’t be writing our own laws to that end.” www.democracynow.org

No comments:

Post a Comment